KUCHING: The number of injured victims from the Cityone Megamall explosion here now stands at 41, according to the state Fire and Rescue Department.
As at 10pm on Tuesday (Dec 4), 30 victims had been sent to the Sarawak General Hospital, including three in the ICU, the department said in an update on the incident.
Five more were admitted to a private hospital while six were given outpatient treatment at two private hospitals.
“One of the injured victims is an Indonesian. The rest are all Malaysians,” the department said.
Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah said the state government hoped to get a full report of the incident as quickly as possible.
“So far we have received an initial report from the Fire and Rescue Department. The details will be reported after the investigation by the relevant agencies,” he said after visiting the scene on Tuesday night.
Uggah expressed condolences on behalf of the state government to the families of the three men who died.
He also thanked the Fire and Rescue Department, Civil Defence Force and other agencies for carrying out search and rescue operations, attending to victims and controlling the situation.
“This is a very sad incident which happened in the middle of Kuching. It is an accident and we hope to get a detailed report on why it happened,” Uggah said.
Source: The Star